Thursday, 18 February 2010

Roasted Brussels Sprouts


These are not the soggy sprouts that appear on your Christmas plate.

I enjoyed my roasted cauliflower so much yesterday that when the bag of Brussels sprouts I ordered arrived yesterday, a pan of them immediately went into the oven.

These were made exactly the same way as the cauliflower, with 300g of sprouts coated in 2tsp of olive oil and 1tsp of garlic paste, then seasoned and put in the oven. It was even more delicious than yesterday's attempt!

If your only experiences of sprouts involve being forced to eat them as a child, this might be just the thing to change your mind.

Along with my Brussels sprouts, I got a delivery of meat from The Meat Guy (link in sidebar). One of the things I ordered was 3kg of 'Mystery Meat', that is a guaranteed 3kg in weight of meat that gets chosen by the store. Among the very delicious products were two more unusual products; a crocodile claw and a bag of four pig tails. Having never cooked or eaten these before it should make for interesting times in chez subchef.

No comments:

Post a Comment